My name is Michael Jahn. I'm a Wikimedia Deutschland staff member and attending Wikimania London in my capacity as the German chapter's Head of Communications.
- email: email@example.com
- Twitter (personal): @tastenundtinte (German language account) or @iffnink (English only. Been tinkering with this one at Wikimania HK. Fyi, if you prefer not to read tweets in German.)
- Twitter (WMDE): I'll be keeping an eye on @wikimediaDE during Wikimania, too.
the concept of free knowledge made tangible: WMDE's data pump, find it at the Chapter village.
Testimonial Video Project
Please, drop by! My colleage Tjane Hartenstein will be collecting short video statements at Wikimedia Deutschland's booth (where the data pump is). Here are her questions:
|free knowledge and open culture
- What's impeding the free use of knowledge? or: What's missing in order to use internet content and stay out of jail?
- How can politics protect free knowledge?
- Why is it important for the Wikimedia movement to address copyright law?
- What needs to be done to ensure the future of more projects like Wikipedia?
- How can digital collections from cultural institutions be made available for Wikimedia projects?
|open source development
- Why is open source development important for you/for the world?
- How can it change society worldwide/in your country?
- What is Wikidata for you? Can you explain Wikidata in a tweet?
- Where do you see Wikidata's potential outside Wikipedia?
|education and diversity
- What's Wikipedia got to do with education?
- How can free knowledge be integrated into education? or: Is free knowledge the future of education?
- How will free knowledge change scientific research?
- What's the use of opening up academia for free knowledge?
- How can we generate more diversity within Wikimedia projects?
|volunteers on Wikimedia projects
- In your opinion, what's the best thing a volunteer ever did as part of a wikimedia project and why is it great?
- Wikipedia is more than a website! How important is the community aspect behind Wikipedia for you?
- What's the most beautiful/awesome/superduper thing a user ever did for you in Wikipedia?
- What would you like to say to all volunteers who create amazing projects like Wikipedia in their spare time?
If you want to contribute with one or more statements, please feel free to contact Tjane via email!
Notes to self re: schedule