Submissions/Wikimedia workflows as prototypes for open research
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 6023
- Title of the submission
Open Access Media Importer
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Daniel Mietchen
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- WikiProject Open Access
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikimedia projects are open by default. This openness encompasses content, software, file formats, version histories and patterns of collaboration, which makes them interesting in terms of open science. In this session, these similarities shall be highlighted systematically through all steps of the research cycle (including grant proposals and reviews), with the aim of stimulating a discussion on opportunities that arise from the similar nature of Wikimedia and open science projects.
- Open Scholarship
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).