Submissions/Wiki, Facebook and project collaboration
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 3039
- Title of the submission
- Wiki, Facebook and project collaboration
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Presentation / Discussion
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Hong Kong
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Department of Management and Marketing, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
This is my undergraduate final year project, about using wiki in project collaboration, with comparison between wiki and Facebook for the same purpose. There are some undergraduate students involved in the research, whose are using Facebook and wiki for their group project. After the end of all the lectures, they will be asked to fill in the survey to give their opinion, focusing on their opinion regarding to the collaboration experience, as well as offering further possible direction of next-generation wiki. Besides, their activities in the Facebook Group and Wiki will be observed along the courses.
It is an ongoing research project, which is expected to be finished in in late May 2014. According to the university instructions, submission to PACIS and AMCIS is currently under consideration. The detail of the sharing presentation will be confirmed ASAP.
Proposed outline of the presentation:
- Project Introduction
- Research Methodology
- Results and Interpretation
- Open discussion
I am confident that this sharing session, and the discussion between all participants can bring all of us into further possible research direction, as well as upgrading the education quality with wiki.
- Education Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Depending of the scholarship application
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
I would request the following aids,
- Computer, connected with a projector for the PowerPoint presentation.
- Assistance in printing handout for distribution is ideal but not compulsory.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
Add your username here.