Submissions/GLAMwiki Toolset: How to bring the cultural sector and Wikimedia together
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2014.
- Submission no. 2018
- Title of the submission
GLAMwiki Toolset: Bringing the cultural sector and Wikimedia together
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
Joris Pekel (jpekel)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
The GLAMwiki Toolset project is a collaboration between various Wikimedia chapters and the Europeana foundation. The goal of the project is to provide a set of tools to make batch uploads of GLAM content in Wikimedia Commons as easy as possible. The additional tools have to make sure that re-use can easily be tracked; and that Commons materials can easily be integrated back into the collection of the original GLAM or even other GLAMs.
The tool was requested for a long time by the Wikimedia Community and will be officially launched at the end of March 2014. At the moment it is already being used by a number of institutions like the British Library, the Rijksmuseum and the National Library of Poland. The Europeana Foundation has established a large network of GLAMs and will continue to work with them and the local Wikimedia chapters to facilitate the batch uploads to Wikimedia Commons and bring digital cultural heritage to a wider audience.
During this presentation the tool will be introduced and the potential of mass-uploads of cultural content will be discussed, followed by how Europeana will continue to work with the Wikimedia community and GLAMs to make their material available to all.
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Kelson (talk) 10:31, 20 March 2014 (UTC)
- MichaelMaggs (talk) 10:32, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
- PatHadley (talk) 13:00, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
- Scott (talk) 19:32, 23 March 2014 (UTC)
- Beat Estermann (talk) 12:48, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- Bernhard Krabina (talk) 12:40, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- Shani Evenstein (talk) 21:55, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
- Maarten Brinkerink
- Greg G (talk) 17:58, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Sjgknight (talk) 08:52, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Liekeploeger (talk) 08:06, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- Ocaasi (talk) 23:07, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- OR drohowa (talk) 19:16, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- LoriLee (talk) 12:15, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
- SarahStierch (talk) 20:09, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
- Micru (talk) 13:36, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
- Slowking4 (talk) 00:56, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
- --Another Believer (talk) 18:05, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
- Joelaldor (talk) 07:54, 13 June 2014 (UTC)
- Katja Ullrich (WMDE) (talk) 08:20, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
- Fæ (talk)
- Maarten Jansen (talk) 13:45, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
- --OlafJanssen (talk) 14:14, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
- --アンタナナ 00:20, 8 August 2014 (UTC)