- User:Psychology: Do you want to be on the Programme Committee for all submissions, or just to do internal review for Wikimedia Poland again? Jdforrester (talk) 05:52, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
Dear Programme Committee: I am submitting my statement of interest to be a member of the Programme Committee. Please see my user page and my user info box for details about me.
I already volunteered my time and skills for Wikimania 2014 but I have not heard anything back yet.
I am a member of several Wiki Projects, such as The Wikipedia Library, Women's History, Taxation, and Open Knowledge Foundation. I created the article the Smithsonian Gardens. I am an employee of the US Department of the Treasury. I am not afraid of using my real name to give credence to my edits and I stand behind my edits.
I was interviewed by the New York Times for my work with Wikipedia on feminism and North Korea.
Currently, I am the Wikimedia DC event promotion coordinator and have taken an active part in numerous Wiki events. Some of my Wiki-inspired photographs have been used in US National Archives promotion material, London events, Wikimedia DC promotions on Twitter, Smithsonian Institute promotion material Secretary Presents E-book on Future of Museums near the end of the video, and events where “the Board wears nice clothing.”
If you need more information and a formal CV, please feel free to contact me at my user talk page on the English language Wikipedia.
Dear Programme Committee, Please tell me when the Programme discussion will start. I have started evaluating submission for the Programme on the various talk pages. Thank you in advance. My best regards, Geraldshields11 (talk) 22:02, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
Review of Program Submissions
- Dear User:Jdforrester, I reviewed the submissions for the program and added comments. Please contact me about the Program Committee’s next steps on my W:en:user:geraldshields11 talk page. Geraldshields11 (talk) 13:28, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- You posted on everyone's talk page - I don't understand what you're saying. Submissions don't close until the 31st. We should probably start putting together the infrastructure though. EdSaperia (talk) 16:02, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
When are we getting started?
Completed first review of 2014 programme submissions
Dear fellow members of the 2014 Wikimania Programme Committee:
- Chair: James Forrester
- Deputy-Chair: Deror Lin
- Deputy-Chair: Orsolya Virág Gyenes
- Local Committee: Edward Saperia
- Philippe Beaudette
- Katie Filbert
- Tom Morris
- Gerald Shields
- Kiril Simeonovski
- Tiffany Smith
- Sarah Stierch
- Joe Sutherland
- Gregory Varnum
I have completed my first review of all (100%) of the submissions. I added comments, suggestions, and questions to the talk pages of all of the submissions. Please see the talk pages if you have anything to add or discuss.
Also, I corrected spelling and format of several submissions without changing the meaning of the submissions. The edit summary explains, in great detail, the changes.
Please tell me the next step. Thank you in advance.
My best regards, Gerald Shields
Withdrawing my submission
Dear Programme Committee,
I have decided to withdraw my submission Wikiversity Journal.
I will not attend Wikimania this year, but I hope I will attend it at some future time.