Submissions/Wikipedia as a tool for creating continuously updatable open access scientific review.
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 3051
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia as a tool for creating continuously updatable open access scientific review.
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- E-mail address
- firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Today Wikipedia is the most widely used source of information, including the achievements of science. Unfortunately within Wikipedia it is difficult to give detailed information - it is not designed for the reader who is a specialist. So I suggest wikipedia branch called Wikisavant. Both academic writers and amateur enthusiasts will be able to submit articles, although they will be reviewed and edited before being posted by the encyclopedia's collaborating authoritative volunteers, to achieve high quality review articles. Wikisavant will critically overview the most significant primary research literature to guide researchers to the principal contributions of their field and help them keep up to date in their area of research. This knowledge will be available to anyone who seeks it. Unlike Annual Reviews or Nature Reviews this articles will be a new type of scientific review - continuously expanding updatable overview, such that combine the latest, or even current, research results with an overall picture of achievements in the topic under discussion.
- Education Outreach
- Open Scholarship
- Open Data
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 20 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Not necessary
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Add your username here.