Submissions/Wikipedia and citizen emancipation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 1102
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia on citizen emancipation
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Presentation and discussion.
- Author of the submission
- Lionel Scheepmans
- E-mail address
- Cick here to send me a eMail
- Lionel Scheepmans
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Belgium
- Personal homepage or blog
- All informations in French on fr.wikiversity user page
- Humanity is in crisis, and as the saying philosopher Frédéric Guillaud : "Modernity is not in crisis, it is a crisis : the crisis of adolescence of humanity" (Guillaud 2005). Faced with this crisis, citizens can not remain spectators of reduced quality of life on earth or the inability of leaders of the worlds to cope with this situation. The transition to adulthood of our humanity is delayed and will only be possible through citizen emancipation. By definition, this emancipation is based on three fundamental conditions. The first is the end of the political control exercised by the class leaders. The second is the end of economic constraints as conditions of existence, recognition and human dignity. The third is the citizen access to a direct active and responsible statute in building rules that allow the improvement and maintenance of quality of life on earth. The citizen emancipation is an ongoing process and Wikimedia world is certainly one those places where citizen emancipation can become a reality.
- Frédéric Guillaud, La modernité : crise d'adolescence de l'humanité ?, vol. n° 25, 2005 (ISSN 1283-7091) [lire en ligne], p. 77–88
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Presentation inspireted by these reserches : Culture fr.wikipedia and Une émancipation citoyenne.
- Special requests
- Waiting for scholarships
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Lionel Scheepmans ✉ Wiki ou eMail
- Rosa Peraino
- Dyolf77 (talk) 22:22, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
- OwenBlacker (talk) 19:02, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Your name here