Submissions/WikiKids, the children's wikipedia in the Netherlands
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 3042
- Title of the submission
- WikiKids, the children's Wikipedia in The Netherlands.
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- The Netherlands
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Stichting WikiKids. (WikiKids Foundation)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
WikiKids is the children's encyclopedia in the Netherlands. The target audience are children from 9 - 15. In the presentation I will talk about the history of WikiKids, the way students work with WikiKids, the possibilities and pitfalls of a wiki by and for children. WikiKids is now 8 years old and in that period a lot happened and a lot was learned. We have a good idea how to use wiki's in education and what the difficulties are to do this. We also have experience how to introduce new users to WikiKids. We like to share our experiences with others and learn from other educators.
- Education Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- not sure.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- http://www.slideshare.net/gerarddummer/presentation-paris-wikikids (an earlier presentation that I held in Paris).
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).