Submissions/WMF Grants Showcase: Funding Diversity
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2014.
- Submission no. 1129
- Title of the submission
WMF Grants Showcase: Funding Diversity
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Come learn about grants available from WMF through the experience of some grantees themselves!
The Wikimedia Foundation currently offers 4 different kinds of grants to support a diverse range of individuals, groups, and organizations in the Wikimedia movement:
- Individual Engagement Grants - funding individuals to lead 6-month projects focused on online impact
- Project and Event Grants - funding project expenses for individuals, groups, and organizations
- Annual Plan Grants - funding annual plans and programs for Wikimedia affiliate organizations.
- Travel & Participation Support - co-funding with WMDE & WMCH, for individual contributors to travel to participate in events.
- We also ran a microgrants pilot on Arabic Wikipedia this year
This panel will give a taste of WMF's funding offerings by showcasing several recent grantees. Through a moderated discussion, we'll learn more about these grantees' work and discuss challenges and successes with supporting a diverse range of people, projects, and initiatives in our community.
- w:User:Ocaasi (Individual Engagement Grantee - The Wikipedia Library, including Arabic microgrants co-pilot)
- w:User:Keilana (Individual Engagement Grantee - Women Scientists Workshop Kit)
- User:Xelgen (Individual Engagement Grantee - Tools for Armenian Wikisource and beyond
- w:User:Netha Hussain (Travel & Participation Support - AdaCamp & Open Source Bridge)
- Dumisane Ndubane (Project & Events Grantee - WMZA)
- User:antanana (Project & Events Grantee - WMUA)
- Claudia Garad (Annual Plan Grantee - WMAT)
Most of the time will be open for discussion with panelists and the audience - we look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas about grantmaking in this session too!
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30-60 minutes, as time is available.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Anthonyhcole (talk) 09:04, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 23:19, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- Quiddity (talk) 22:46, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- Joelaldor (talk) 02:55, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
- Masssly (talk) 14:43, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
- --アンタナナ 14:59, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
- Sabbon (talk) 21:19, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
- Wolliff (talk) 17:43, 1 August 2014 (UTC)
- --Cornelius Kibelka (WMDE) (talk) 08:38, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
- --Another Believer (talk) 22:26, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
- Thehelpfulone 11:11, 9 August 2014 (UTC)