Submissions/The Year in GLAM Wiki US
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 2042
- Title of the submission
- The Year in GLAM Wiki US - The most memorable achievements in one session
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Andrew Lih, Lori Byrd Phillips, Dominic McDevitt-Parks, Kevin Gorman, et al.
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
The Year in GLAM Wiki US recaps the most significant achievements of the community and discusses what's in store for the next year
2014 saw more breakthroughs than previous years, including:
- First full-time Wikipedian in Residence in the US federal government, at the National Archives and Records Administration, with Dominic McDevitt-Parks 
- First university-hired Wikipedian in Residence, at UC Berkeley, with Kevin Gorman NBC Associated Press
- Creation of a university class based around GLAM-Wikipedia editing at American University (Washington, DC), started by Andrew Lih (User:Fuzheado), covered by the NY TImes
- Art + Feminism and Women in Science edit-a-thons got press coverage National Public Radio
- GLAM Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes, or shorter if needed as part of larger GLAM panel
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).