Submissions/Floating open ideas to the public through a travelling science exhibition
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 3012
- Title of the submission
Floating open ideas to the public through a travelling science exhibition
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Daniel Mietchen
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- WikiProject Open Access
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
The MS Wissenschaft is a riverboat hosting a science exhibition that travels across Germany and Austria on a yearly basis. This year, the theme of the exhibition is "Digitally on the move", and Wikimedia Germany and the open Knowledge Foundation Germany have partnered to contribute an exhibit about Open Data (an app based on public transport data from Berlin) and Open Knowledge (Wikipedia articles pertaining to topics along the route travelled by the boat in 2014).
This session will present the exhibit and how our contribution came to be, as well as lessons learned in the process that may be applicable to future involvement with other public exhibitions.
- Education Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).