Jump to navigation Jump to search
London is rich in history, and walks around the capital are myriad. No reservations required, just turn up! Walks may be near the Barbican venue or further afield.
In the spirit of Janes's Walk and Wikimedia, we expect the walks to be developed over the course of the conference, with input from participants. Guides will be experienced and know the area well, but discovery will be a key element. Feel free to suggest your own walks below.
List of Walks
- Sunday May 18th: The Barbican High Walk - An exploration of the area around the venue, 15:00 BST (14:00 GMT)
- Sunday 1st June: Three Mills Loop an established walk, , 13:00 BST (12:00 GMT)
- Sunday July 27th: The Barbican High Walk - Further exploration of the area around the venue, 15:00 BST (14:00 GMT)
- Saturday August 9th: The Barbican High Walk - Final exploration of the area around the venue, 19:30 BST (18:30 GMT)
- Welcome to Grub Street Wikimania submission. Session will involve exploring
- OpenStreetMap mapping party! Wikimania submission. Session may involve some exploring
- The Big Barbican Adventure, walking tour devised by the Barbican Centre
- Unvisited, an app that finds Wikipedia articles that are missing an image in the vicinity of the user's GPS coordinates and plans trips to get as many photographs as possible in the shortest distance.