Should you need any assistance while at the Barbican Centre, approach any member of Barbican staff (who will be identifiable by navy blue or lime green t-shirts marked "Barbican" and by lanyards marked "STAFF"). They will be able to provide you with any assistance, including summoning a first-aider and the emergency services if required. Should you be unable to find a member of staff, approach any conference volunteer (volunteers will be wearing red t-shirts with "VOLUNTEER" written on the back, and will have the word "VOLUNTEER" on their name badge), who will be able to reach the conference organisers.
The conference organisers and Barbican staff will liaise with each other to arrange any assistance necessary.
- The Barbican Centre has dedicated first-aiders who can deal with First Aid if required.
- In the event of needing a first aider please contact any member of Barbican staff who will then radio the duty first-aider.
The Neaman Practice
15 Half Moon Court
London, EC1A 7HF
电话：020 7600 9740
Roodlane Medical Ltd
58 New Broad Street
London EC2M 1JJ
电话：0844 375 9355
Fire Alarm and Evacuation
- If you are in an area and you can hear an intermittent fire alarm, get ready to evacuate. Follow the directions of Barbican staff who will take responsibility at all times.
- If you are in an area and you can hear a continuous fire alarm, please evacuate as with any other public building. Follow the directions of Barbican staff who will take responsibility at all times. Do not stop to collect personal belongings.
- Whilst in show mode (i.e. events in progress) some areas like the Barbican Hall use lamps and buzzers instead of an alarm sounding. Should an evacuation be necessary, all event volunteers become part of the public. Barbican Hosts will take responsibility for the evacuation.
Conference organisers' contact information
- +44 (0) 20 8133 2474 (Wikimania Skype helpdesk, for general enquiries)
- +44 (0) 7948 927 801 (Volunteer coordinators, for emergencies or urgent enquiries out of hours)
Conference and accommodation security contacts
- Barbican Centre security: Please contact any member of Barbican staff with your concern. All staff are trained in the venue's procedures regarding security issues.
- Hotel contacts: Please enquire at your particular hotel's front desk.
Police, Fire and Ambulances
- Emergency: 999 or 112
- Police (non-emergency, eg to report a crime): 101
- Rape Crisis Hotline: 0808 802 9999
- Opening Times: Daily, 12pm – 2:30pm, and 7pm – 9:30pm
- National Health Service guide to support for victims of rape
- Stonewall have helplines for victims of homophobia
- Tell MAMA UK offers a reporting service for victims of anti-Muslim attacks
- London has licensed taxis driven by qualified drivers who have passed a rigorous test demonstrating knowledge of London. These "black cabs" (though many of them are in fact painted with other colours) can be hailed in the street. They also wait in ranks, such as those outside the Barbican (Silk Street entrance) and the Thistle Hotel. In the interest of your own safety please only hail licenced black cabs from the roadside.
- A number of Apps are available for download which link to popular minicab firms that also operate in London offering competitive rates.