Wiki visual changes
- Right now I'm putting all the user made pages into the dev "joinus" so that the pages float well when the sidebars are removed -- Samballand99
"joinus" is there to ensure the pages float neatly in the center of the browser, as a div class where the div bookends the code in the pages. The final part of coding will be the removal of the sidebar and top bar for non-logged in users. Earlier today i was removing them temporarily to see if all the pages still worked without them -- Samballand99
- Okay, that's interesting. I can see that all of the important links for a first-time visitor are included on the home page anyway, but if the top bar is removed for non-logged in users, won't that mean they can't see the Discussion tab? - Lawsonstu (talk) 16:37, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
- yes, the only thing visible will be the login bar Samballand99 (talk) 16:39, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
- This is a wiki. Please do not remove useful tabs, both from registered and unregistered users. It is not only dumb but it is also extremely un-wiki. Snowolf How can I help? 17:12, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
Future of Education Workshop
Hi -- thanks for signing up on the on-wiki list for the Future of Education workshop. We're actually doing an off-wiki registration process; would you mind emailing me so I can send you some information? Thanks! --LiAnna (Wiki Ed) (talk) 19:23, 3 May 2014 (UTC)
Free Culture Weekend signup
We've running the registration through Eventbrite, please could you sign up through it? The link is listed on the page or just click here. We need to collect metrics for the event and this will allow us to do it in a way that can be done at scale. We're going to provide lunch and refreshments for the event and have staff working on Wikimania so it's important to collect information on the money spent.
Open Scholarship Weekend
First of all, THANK YOU for your work on this project. Much appreciated. The fault is ALL mine, but I was wondering if it might be possible to amend the first sentence so that it reads "The mission of Wikimedia LGBT..." If not, no problem. The leaflets will still be very useful. Apologies for my mistake and for the request. Again, if this is too much of an inconvenience, no problem. --Another Believer (talk) 15:04, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
File:WikiProject Personal Acquaintances leaflet front copy.png
Hi @Samballand99:, first of all a big thank you for your great works here! About your update of the "Personal Acquaintances" leaflet I have some questions:
- What is in the QR-Code?
- You shortened the link https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Personal_Acquaintances?uselang=en and cut off the language parameter, but this is really important to show people how it works. Could you fix that?
- Userbox: I had thought that it would be much better to display the project's userbox as a graphic on the leaflet's second page/back side, instead of only repeating the logo from first page. And the userbox additionally points out the anti sock puppet effect of the project, what we unfortunately missed to put in the text. Could you change that?
--.js 04:42, 8 July 2014 (UTC)
- PS. Graphic version uploaded to File:Userbox project Personal Acquaintances.xcf :) --.js 06:21, 8 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hello hello.
- The QR code forwards to your web address, but i can change it to this link, sorry I didn't realize the end part was required. I can change the link address and the QR code to match.
- I don't know what else you're asking for here, isn't this the logo that's on already? Please give me a list of changes you'd like and I'll incorporate all that I'm able to.
- What is this file? I've never seen this type of file before, nothing I have can read it.
- It's en:XCF (file format) but automatically also available as .png: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/Userbox_project_Personal_Acquaintances.xcf/278px-Userbox_project_Personal_Acquaintances.xcf.png when you right click on the image and choose "save image" instead of "save link". I asked to print the full userbox including text & frame on page 2 of the leaflet, not only the logo as already displayed on page 1.
- Thank you for the linkfix! These two were the only changes I asked for. (Sorry, I didn't mean to cause complications) --.js 11:45, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
- Did it myself - OK? :) --.js 12:02, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, there will be pictures from WMF photographers uploaded on Commons soon.
— Danny B. 12:00, 11 August 2014 (UTC)