|ORCID 0000-0001-7764-4224||Spider @ RU.Wiki||Spider @ NL.Wiki||Spider @ Commons||Spider @ WikiData||grammarware @ GitHub||grammarware.net|
I am Vadim Zaytsev, also known as Spider on Wikimedia projects, as @grammarware on Twitter, Foursquare and Ingress, and by other names elsewhere.
My wikilife started in June 2004, my first featured article dated 2005, since 2006 I am administering several successful wikis on Wikia, in 2009 I served as a wiki admin at a totally un-wiki event and got many people there hooked up on wiki technologies, thanks to the partial scholarship I have attended Wikimania in 2011 with a presentation on wiki migration, later same year I have served as a program chair for Wikimedia Conference Netherlands, an exploit I have repeated the year after that, and I also got hooked up on Wikidata since 2013. Oh yeah, I have also participated in Wiki Loves Monuments in 2011 as a massively active contributor (third quantity prize for covering 800+ monuments with my ~2k submissions) and in 2013 as a jury for Azerbaijan and as a part of a team of crazy people who were recovering GLAM open data from all kinds of terribly inaccessible formats. Outside my wikilife I am actively contributing to many open source projects as a programmer, editor or illustrator, as well as attending and coorganising tons of (mostly academic) events. I also have a PhD in software language engineering, and I publish all my papers in open access.
Plans for Wikimania 2014:
- Open Notebook Computer Science
- Domain-Specific Wikis
- Getting a scholarship… (refused)
- Getting another scholarship… (granted)
Beurs Wikimedia Nederland
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
I hereby kindly request a scholarship to attend Wikimania in 2014 in London. I have been a member of WMNL since 2011 when I was invited by Dedalus to help with the Wikimedia Conference Netherlands: I served as a Program Chair for WCN 2011 and WCN 2012, as well as proceedings editor (in 2012 together with DDJJ for linguistic reasons), was a part of the organising/program committee for WCN 2013, I was playing some unidentified role for WLM 2013, got a third quantity prize at WLM 2011 and blogged about it on request of Effeietsanders, spoke at Wikimania 2011, participated in Amsterdam wiki-hackathons in 2012 (post-WCN) and 2013 (the global one), published wiki-related research results in open access and attended dozens of WikiSaturdays and some wiki-meetups in Haifa, Amsterdam, Utrecht, 's Hertogenbosch and 's Gravenhage. I am also currently involved in an unidentified role in Dutch Wiki Loves Earth 2014 for which I also give a lecture on 9 June 2014, and serve as a jury member at WLE Azerbaijan.
As my gratitude for getting a scholarship, I can promise one or more of the following:
- tweet about Verenining Wikimedia Nederland, since my twitter audience is more than double of WMNL's
- write more articles about Dutch subjects on Russian wikipedia which usually turn out better than their Dutch and English counterparts
- write an extended blog post about my Wikimania experiences
- help with on-site WMNL-related activities, as long as they neither conflict with my own presentations nor reduce my pepsi consumption
- give a presentation on domain-specific wikis — a term I coined some time ago and yet not officially claimed even though it is used by others referring to me
- give a presentation on open notebook computer science, an open knowledge / open research methodology I developed and presented two years ago
- (last two items only if my submissions are accepted, which from current scores seems rather likely)
I hereby also claim to have read the terms and conditions and ask these four tildes to serve as my witnesses: Spider (talk) 22:01, 19 May 2014 (UTC)
- ↑ Proceedings of WCN 2011, ISSN 2213-9400, page 3.
- ↑ Proceedings of WCN 2012, ISSN 2213-9400, page 2.
- ↑ Spoonful of Hacking, Wiki Loves Monuments.
- ↑ Testimonium of a hacker photographer.
- ↑ Wiki Migration, Wikimania 2011.
- ↑ Wikimedia Hackathon 2013, photo #27 by Sebastiaan ter Burg.
- ↑ Vadim Zaytsev. MediaWiki Grammar Recovery, Computing Research Repository (CoRR), volume 1107.4661, pages 1–47, ACM, July 2011.
- ↑ WikiSaturdays in 2011, 2012, 2013.
- ↑ Википедия:Викивстречи/Хайфа, 3-6 августа 2011.
- ↑ Википедия:Викивстречи/Амстердам, 14 августа 2011.
- ↑ Nieuwjaarsborrel Wikimedia Nederland.
- ↑ Algemene Ledenvergadering, Notulen 2011-10-22, Aanwezig.
- ↑ WP10NL: jubileum Nederlandstalige Wikipedia, Talent Factory Den Bosch.
- ↑ Nieuwjaarsborrel 2014.
- ↑ 9 juni schrijfworkshop: Nationaal Park De Alde Feanen in woord op Wikipedia
- ↑ commons:File:Werken met Wikipedia.pdf.
- ↑ commons:Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2014 in Azerbaijan#Jury members
- ↑ @wmnl: 1393 followers; @grammarware: 3363 followers. 3363/1393 ≈ 2,4
- ↑ Adriaan van Wijngaarden.
- ↑ Gerard Unger.
- ↑ Lex Schrijver.
- ↑ Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica.
- ↑ History of Dutch computer engineering.
- ↑ Thomas Schmorleiz, A Domain-specific Wiki for Programming Technologies, the Fourth Summer School on Generative and Transformational Techniques in Software Engineering (GTTSE), 2011.
- ↑ Vadim Zaytsev, Open Notebook Computer Science. Presentation at Software Freedom Day “Open Education” (SFD), CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 19 September 2012, 13:00.
- ↑ Vadim Zaytsev, Subatomic Scientific Knowledge Objects. Remote presentation at Software Languages, Software Linguistics and Software Language Engineering Body of Knowledge (SL(E)BOK), Dresden/Amsterdam, 25 September 2012.
- ↑ List of Presentation Proposals.