Submissions/Wikiexpedition and Wikitraining in Chernigiv oblast
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 1126
- Title of the submission
- Author of the submission
- Mykola Pryhodko (nickispeaki)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Ukraine
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikiexpedition and Wikitraining in Chernigiv oblast is an photography Wikiexpedition of taking pictures of village attractions that took place in November — March 2014. Started in Ukraine in November of 2013. First Wikiexpedition in Chernigiv obla was in 23 of November 2014, second in 22 of December 2013 and third - 9 of March 2014.
Wikiexpedition is a Wiki-project of photographic expeditions organised yearly by different Wikimedia organizations (Wikimedia Polska Association, Wikimedia Ukraine and others). The first Wikiexpedition was in Poland in 2009. The aim of Wikiexpedition is collecting, mainly photographic, documentation, by exploring chosen regions. Volunteers travel by car or by bikes and collect materials on chosen places. All pictures taken during this trips are uploaded to an online repository of free-use images Wikimedia Commons and become available to all the Internet users and adds up to the sum of all human knowledge.
The participants of Wikiexpedition are Wikipedia editors, whose passion is photography and traveling. The trips are fully-funded by Wikimedia organizations. In previous years, the following provinces in Ukraine have been visited (some expeditions, just for illustration):
- First Ukrainian Wikiexpedition to Makariv raion of Kyiv Oblast 26-27 of August 2011
- Wikiexpedition to Lypovets raion of Vinnytsya oblast 3-4 of November 2012
- First Wikiexpedition to Chernihiv raion of Chernihiv oblast 23 of November 2013 (18th Ukrainian Wikiexpedition);
- Second Wikiexpedition to Chernihiv raion of Chernihiv oblast 22 of December 2013 (19th Ukrainian Wikiexpedition);
- Third Wikiexpedition to Chernihiv raion of Chernihiv Oblast 9 of March 2014 (20th Ukrainian Wikiexpedition).
This year, Chernihiv oblast (Province) has been chosen. The photographed structures included monuments (in the framework of the project Wiki Loves Monuments) and sites suitable for Wikipedia. Wikiespeditions organised so far have enriched Wikipedia resources with over 20 000 photographs, which illustrate hundreds of articles on Ukrainian villages, towns, cities and nature.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Education Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 20 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
3rd Wikiexpedition to Chernigiv raion of Chernigiv Oblast 9-3-2014 on Commons
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).