Submissions/Wikidata - current state and Q&A
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2014.
- Scheduled for Friday, August 8, 10:00 - Barbican Hall
- Submission no. 6040
- Title of the submission
- Wikidata - current state and Q&A
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- presentation and panel
- Author of the submission
- Lydia Pintscher
- E-mail address
- Lydia Pintscher (WMDE)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Deutschland
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikidata is Wikimedia's step into the open data movement. It has made tremendous progress since its beginning less than 2 years ago. It is becoming a central pillar of the open data web.
In this session, we will take a look at what has been achieved so far and what's new in the past year. Since last Wikimania, we have added the quantity and url data types, ranks, and support for ordering statements. Several sister projects have been given access to Wikidata for language links and data access like Wikivoyage, Wikisource, Wikiquote and Wikimedia Commons. We have also been working on simple queries, making JSON dumps available, improved Lua integration, support for merging items and redirects, and more.
We will talk about what is in store for the next months, and what on the development roadmap, including a UI redesign, more complex queries, support for Wikimedia Commons for file metadata, and more.
After that the biggest part of the session will be a Q&A with Wikidata's development team and community members ready to answer all your questions.
- Open Data
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 45 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- should be scheduled later than my keynote since this should serve as an add-on to it
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- MartinPoulter (talk) 16:44, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
- Bene* (talk) 18:39, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
- Lawsonstu (talk) 21:29, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
- Jodi.a.schneider (talk) 20:01, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Sannita (talk) 22:20, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Markus Krötzsch (talk) 06:24, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Tpt (talk) 08:05, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Magnus Manske (talk) 15:20, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- NavinoEvans (talk) 19:50, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Ocaasi (talk) 23:20, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Quiddity (talk) 22:50, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- Micru (talk) 13:53, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
- Ahoerstemeier (talk) 09:43, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
- Joelaldor (talk) 07:52, 13 June 2014 (UTC)
- Suntzusuntzu (talk) 21:15, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
- Promelior (talk) 14:08, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
- Sshhiivv (talk) 16:22, 4 August 2014 (UTC)