Submissions/The importance of easy referencing and linking bibliographical content
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 8517
- Title of the submission
Importance of easy referencing and linking bibliographical content to provide a more reliable Wikipedia.
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
(discussion, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
I want to talk about our product ReferenceME. It is free referencing tool that creates references in one click or one scan of a barcode. Our product aim is to link bibliographical content and bring relevant information to users without the need to search. Our long term aim is to verify content within the web and Wiki, bringing an easy referencing tool that can semantically verify a reference. My main conversation would be around how this is important for:
- The future of Wikipedia - The impact it can have on educational establishments using Wiki - The improvement of Wiki content.
We are big fans of Wiki and want to bring an acceptance of Wiki into the University/Research world.
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes or less.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- hell no/of course :)
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Most likely
- Special requests
- No fish.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Add your username here.