Submissions/The first Welsh Wikipedian in Residence: Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 2038
- Title of the submission
- The first Welsh Wikipedian in Residence: Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Marc Haynes
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
- In this session Marc Haynes will look back at his period as Wikipedian in Residence at Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol, the public body that develops higher education courses in the Welsh language for teaching in universities across Wales. This residency is the first in Wales and the first focussed on adding content to Wicipedia, the Welsh-language Wikipedia. It has been made possible largely thanks to the university sector in Wales’s commitment to Open Educational Resources, the vice-chancellors of the country’s eight universities having signed a declaration of intent to support OER in September 2013.
- Although this proposal is being written at an early stage in the residency, the talk will showcase the range of content from the Coleg’s openly-licensed resources that will have been added as part of the project, as well as the events held at universities across the country to encourage academic staff and students alike to edit Wikimedia projects. It will look at how the collaboration with Coleg will have complemented the work of volunteers working in Welsh across the Wikimedia projects and addressed the particular challenges faced by such projects in a minority language.
- Education Outreach (and to a lesser extent GLAM Outreach)
- Length of session
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- LiAnna (Wiki Ed) (talk) 22:00, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- OwenBlacker (talk) 15:49, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 22:59, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- Llywelyn2000 (talk) 05:47, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- FKoudijs (WMF) (talk) 23:40, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
- SarahStierch (talk) 20:26, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
- Lloffiwr (talk) 22:43, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
- Add your username here.