Submissions/Supporting and developing the Wikimedia organisations: the role of the Funds Dissemination Committee
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2014.
- Submission no. 1111
- Title of the submission
- Supporting and developing the Wikimedia organisations: the role of the Funds Dissemination Committee
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- E-mail address
- Special:EmailUser/Mike Peel
- Mike Peel, on behalf of the FDC
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Funds Dissemination Committee
- Personal homepage or blog
- meta:FDC portal
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- The FDC has an important role within the Wikimedia organisational structure in terms of quantifying and qualifying the work that the Wikimedia organisations are doing, and making sure that they are delivering impact that is commensurate with how much funding they are receiving on behalf of the Wikimedia community. This panel presentation aims to explain the role of the FDC and give some insight about how it makes its decisions. It aims to provide an opportunity to the Wikimedia organisations and the Wikimedia community as a whole to ask questions of the FDC. It will be split into 15 minutes of the FDC explaining its role, structure and decision-making process, and 45 minutes of Q&A between session attendees and the FDC. The long Q&A is meant to be a constructive discussion on which parts of the process run smoothly, which may need adjustment, what may be missing or should be adapted, what could be reproduced in other processes. In this session we hope to give people from all sides of the FDC experience (FDC members and applicants to the FDC process, but also hopefully community participants) the chance to work on how the FDC is best brought forward to support Wikimedia's mission.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 60 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- To come.
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).