After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 2033
- Title of the submission
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Daniel Mietchen
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, WikiProject Open Access
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Within the multitude of interactions between the open communities and the cultural sector, activities increasingly reach institutions with a focus on science and related fields of research. This session will give an overview of existing open knowledge projects in botanical gardens, museums of science and natural history, zoos and similar institutions across the globe and also touch upon involvement of open communities in research projects.
- GLAM Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).