Submissions/Panel of Obsessive Wikimaniacs
- Note: Should be merged to Submissions/Ten Years of Wikimania: Now What?
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 1060
- Title of the submission
- Panel of Obsessive Wikimaniacs
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Ray Saintonge
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- At Wikimania Hong Kong it was determined that eight people had attended all nine Wikimanias. It is anticipated that all eight will be in attendance in London. This panel will invite all eight to share their experiences, both in relation to Wikimania and to Wikimedia projects in general. They will also be asked to comment on changes in Wikimedia over the last decade, and what has gone wrong and what improvements they would recommend. I expect that each panelist will speak for up to 5 minutes, and that this will be followed by a 20 minute question and answer session.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 1 hour
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).