Submissions/Label-a-thon for Wikidata
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2014.
- Submission no. 8021
- Title of the submission
Label-a-thon for Wikidata
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- the Netherlands
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikidata is where we are bringing together data from all our projects. In order to make it useful in a language, labels for an item have to be available. Items are often used in many places and consequently adding one label can have a big impact.
In this workshop I will demonstrate how to set up Wikidata for use with multiple languages using the #Babel functionality. From that I will help people set up the Reasonator for language support and for personalized language fallback. Once this is set up, I will show different scenarios for selecting related items.
The point of it all is to teach the teachers.. The participants will add labels in their own language(s) and will be able to pass the message on to their community.
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- I have asked for a grant, my coming depends on that.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).