Submissions/Engaging minorities on the Wikimedia projects: Easier said than done?
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 1033
- Title of the submission
Engaging minorities on the Wikimedia projects: Easier said than done?
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
Carlos M. Colina (Maor X)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
Wikimedia Venezuela, Wikimedia Israel, AffCom
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
One of the goals of the Wikimedia movement (and also, of the WMF) is to increase the participation of minorities in the different projects. Have the current strategies worked? How can they be improved? Does the current WMF approach to minorities need to be redesigned? What about chapters and other affiliates, are they involving their own minorities in their development properly? What can be done at a global, regional and local level to increase the participation of minorities? This presentation analyses these questions and proposes alternatives to the current approaches to minorities in the movement as a whole.
For the record, the presenter belongs to religious, linguistic, geographic and social minorities. Admin @lad.wikipedia
WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
Will be uploaded soon
- Special requests
Cannot present on Saturday
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Vogone (talk) 22:14, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
- --Xelgen (talk) 11:44, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
- Pgallert (talk) 09:29, 20 March 2014 (UTC)
- Panyd (talk) 12:40, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
- Sjgknight (talk) 08:57, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- OwenBlacker (talk) 16:33, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- SarahStierch (talk) 18:24, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- Alice d25 (talk) 08:06, 18 May 2014 (UTC)
- Valhallasw (talk) 19:21, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
- Add your username here