Submissions/Board and ED: a dialogue between WMFr Vice Chair and Executive Director
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Board and ED: a dialogue between WMFr Vice Chair and Executive Director
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- panel / discussion
- Author of the submission
- Nathalie Martin & Christophe Henner
- E-mail address
- firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia France
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
As Wikimedia organizations grow larger, some of them hire an ED to support the organization work. But reaching that point is far from being the end of the problems a board faces and creates a new set of issues.
The board role moves from an executive role to a strategic role. It has to redefine its role and how it interacts with its staff and volunteers. It also has a role to manage the ED as well as working with the ED.
During 30mn, Nathalie Martin and Christophe Henner will have a dialogue between them and the audience to share their experience as ED and board duo and will answer the questions of the audience to help them better grasp what it takes to have such a working relationship.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Add your username here.