After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 1013
- Title of the submission
- Bengali Wikisource Most wealthy Content of East Asia
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Jayanta Nath
- Country of origin
- EC Member, Wikimedia India
- E-mail address
- Personal homepage or blog
- Presenting about Bengali Wikisource with its positive side and drawback .
- As per Stats of Wikisource only 0.26% proofread done although there are huge collection of Bengali Language scan PD book available in Digital Library of India (30,000 books) and West Bengal Public Library Network (20,000 books).
- There are huge opportunity/scope to work in Bengali Wikisource but project is suffering from lack of technology support (like OCR etc)
- There are huge wealthy literary content from 1800-1954 published book ( Public domain book) mainly from Calcutta.
- I am an Wikipedian since 2006 (in English Wikipedia with IP edit) and 2007 in Bengali Wikipedia.
- I have been promoting and organizing local wiki meetup and workshop in Calcutta (it may be call in Eastern India).
- My slides/presentation is about our past/future project and share my all experience of my native Bengali language Wikisource, our community, our growth.
- Detailed proposal
- WikiCulture and Community and Wikis in Asia and Legal & Free Culture
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes
- Language of presentation/talk
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- scholarship applied
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Will be post soon
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Add your username here.