Submissions/An update and LIVE A/B Test from the Fundraising Team
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2014.
- Submission no. 1002
- Title of the submission
- An update and LIVE A/B Test from the Fundraising Team
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Megan Hernandez, Peter Coombe, Victor Grigas, Jessica Robell
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
The Wikimedia Foundation Fundraising team cultivates the resources that propel our movement. Every year, we engage over 2 million people from nearly every country in the world to support Wikipedia and its sister projects.
How has the fundraiser morphed over the years from a 60 day annual campaign into a year-round model with a brief 2 week campaign per country? What's all this A/B testing about? And whatever happened to those Jimmy banners?! Check out this session to learn about:
- A brief overview of Wikipedia's fundraising banner evolution
- The latest A/B tests
- The shift to year-round fundraising
- Mobile fundraising
- Localizing fundraising to nearly every country in the world
- Our latest video campaign
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Prefer to present on the first day of the conference.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Djembayz (talk) 12:47, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
- User:Nicola Zeuner (WMDE)
- 184.108.40.206 12:05, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
- Saraanine (talk) 10:38, 7 August 2014 (UTC)
- Add your username here.