Fringe/Future of Education Workshop/Interest form
| This page is currently a draft.|
Material may not yet be complete, information may presently be omitted, and certain parts of the content may be subject to radical, rapid alteration. More information pertaining to this may be available on the talk page.
I think we should create a form off-wiki, perhaps with a Google Form, since our target audience of participants may not have any experience editing wikis. This will also allow us to gather email addresses and affiliated institutions, which may be sensitive information. I can create the form and link it to the main information page, but I'd like you to take a look at the questions first. Feel free to edit the wording and discuss any superfluous questions or anything that is missing. What do you guys think? Jami (Wiki Ed) (talk) 21:48, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
Introductory text on form
Since we have limited space, do we want this to be an application where we select the attendees or a registration form where filling out the form indicates they will be attending? I know we want to have a good balance from all corners of the education sphere, so I'm leaning toward a selection process. However, that limits our timeline a lot, as we'll need to distribute interest forms, collect feedback, select participants, all while giving them enough time to make travel accommodations. Jami (Wiki Ed) (talk) 21:53, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
- Monday, 4/28
- Open registration and distribute interest form
- Friday, 5/16
- Close registration
- Friday, 5/23
- Announce selections
- Wikipedia username (if you have one)
- Email address
- City and country where you reside
- Affiliated institution
- Please describe your current role in education (e.g., teacher, librarian, instructional designer, policymaker, etc.), if any.
- Please describe your experience, if any, with Wikipedia or other Wikimedia projects. If you edit, which language Wikipedia do you primarily edit? Have you ever given a talk or led a workshop about Wikipedia?
- Why are you interested in learning more about the intersections of education and Wikimedia projects? Have you ever used any Wikimedia projects in an educational environment (e.g., classroom, library, etc.)?
- What are you hoping to get out of the two days at the Education Workshop?
- Please select the dates you will be available to attend various sessions, all of which are in London.
You will be responsible for any necessary transportation or lodging expenses for all of these events. Some of the workshop participants will facilitate sessions during the Wikimania pre-conference, so your availability at Wikimania may influence the selection.
- Saturday, June 21 (Wikimania Future of Education Workshop)
- Sunday, June 22 (Wikimania Future of Education Workshop)
- Wednesday, August 6 (Wikimania pre-conference, education track)
- Thursday, August 7 (Wikimania pre-conference, education track)