I am at Wikimania 2014, so feel free to say hi if you see me!
Hi, I'm Jack Duffield!
I haven't been doing this stuff for long, but I've used Wikipedia for most of my life, and I've decided to give back to it now that I am able.
I am a native speaker of English, and can speak Spanish to Wikipedia's "es-3" level.
Taken from my Wikipedia User page:
- About Me
- I was born on Canvey Island in 1999. Well, actually, I was born in an operating theater in Southend Hospital, having decided to use my umbilical cord to strangle myself during my cephalic presentation. I had it wrapped three times around my neck, and I have the surgeons at Southend Hospital to thank for both the caesarian section and the unwrapping of my cord that gave me life. Thanks, guys.
- Since then, I've done an awful lot with my time, gaining knowledge in every subject I can find. My chief interests currently are in Psychology and Digital Media, specifically design trends and advertising, and how they work. I love the stuff, and I hope to contribute there.
- I also have taken to learning the current secondary education system inside out, and so I plan to contribute in that area, too. On top of those, I intend to become proficient in the actual art of contributing to the project.
- How Can I Help?
- First and foremost, I am new, so if people can help me find direction in this editing, I would be very appreciative. I intend to expand this user page as much as possible, as well as contributing wherever I am useful.
- I can help with Spanish translations, although please forgive me for my lack of knowledge in Spanish biomedical science.
- If you need someone to chat to, for whatever reason, I have a talk page. Similarly, although I have no idea why you would, if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.
- Above all else, I do not bite, unless I am eating something. I hope to help out wherever I can with this huge project!