Submissions/Wikipedia's Most Controversial List
Jump to navigation Jump to search
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 1105
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia's Most Controversial List
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- The article "List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming" has a long and tumultuous history. Virtually everything about it has been, and still is, debated extensively and hotly, from whether it should even exist to what should constitute a "scientist". This talk will focus on what I think about it, whether its existence violates any of Wikipedia's policies, whether I think it matters if it does, and what I think should be changed about the list.
- WikiCulture and Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- --Frank Schulenburg (talk) 22:49, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
- Panyd (talk) 12:43, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
- Add your username here.