Submissions/WikiScience: A new idea towards reliable scientific references of academic researches
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 6042
- Title of the submission
- WikiScience: A new idea towards reliable scientific references of academic research
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- University of Tehran
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Nowadays there are many scientific information resources which available to researchers in different fields of science such as Science direct, Springer, John Wiley, etc. They play considerable role in the scientific citations of researchers around the world. In many cases, researchers and scientist just want to acquire a reliable scientific information on a subject, so they have no choice but to spend a lot of time to search the databases mentioned. Create a WikiScience as a subsection of the Wikidata can be great help to researchers to find valid text which only written by scholars. The author strongly suggest this idea will be highly efficient and innovative for all those who intend to write the assay, book, and a scientific reports accepted by academies. For example, someone who is going to write an article about the carbon cycle fluctuations on the climate changes impacts in a particular case study. He or She must be explain the basics of his or her research in assay introduction. It is essential to researchers to provide the valid scientific definitions of “carbon cycle” and “climate changes” in a few line. Easily found by searching on WikiScience will have a scientific explanation to written exclusively by scholars who did research in the field. Of course, there are several ways of implementing this idea. For example, only those who have at least one ISI article can have an account. They can only edit or create topics related to their expertise. In this section, certain resources can be used for special entries such as articles, book chapters, and scientific reports of academies around the world. At first the English language in particular can be developed. The references of each page can be linked to a main data base. In collaboration with researchers in various scientific fields can be made largest scientific free encyclopedia.
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).