Submissions/Warring to Caring community: Channelising community energy in Telugu Wikipedia
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 1091
- Title of the submission
Warring to Caring community: Channelising community energy in Telugu Wikipedia
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Centre for Internet and Society, Access to Knowledge Program CIS-A2K
- WMIN Chapter, Telugu SIG
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
In this presentation we will present the various ideas and activities that were done in Telugu Wikipedia since January 2013 and show how can one channelize a small community's energy towards productive growth. CIS-A2K's Telugu Plans had worked catalytically in rejuvenating the community and vice-versa. This process of change, which we will share in the presentation, could be an ideal example of how a small global-south wiki community can productively utilize movement resources to effectively strengthen the community and organically grow the Wikimedia projects qualitatively and quantitatively. These lessons could be beneficial to many small wiki communities in the Wikimedia universe.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
To be added later
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).