Submissions/Video production on-site at Wikimania
Jump to navigation Jump to search
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 8012
- Title of the submission
- Video production on-site at Wikimania
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikipedia (de, en), Wikimedia Commons
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- This submission is aimed to find (and coordinate with) other contributors, who want to take part in the organisation and completion of producing video footage right there at the Wikimania 2014. Like we did already at the WikiCon 2013, I am looking for Wikipedians and Wikimedians, who preferrably have some experience as camera operator, video editor and/or multimedia file uploader to Wikimedia Commons.
To achieve this, it would be great if we could use a room at the Barbican Centre, that can be locked or is guarded, where we can store equipment. The equipment we need are at least: camera(s), microphone(s), storage device(s). (We could ask WMDE if we can use some of their equipment – other suggestions are very welcome). Furthermore it would be great to have a computer at free disposal there, that is capable to do A/V editing and connected to a high-speed internet access for uploading and exchanging multimedia files.
Depending on the skills of other participants, we could also aim at broadcasting from the event, (WikiTV, WikiRadio, Radio Wikipedia, ...)
My special skill is talking to people, so I will be interviewing attendees on-site and other interesting people I meet at the Wikimania. I can do audio production on my own, therefore I am looking for people to work together producing also video footage – and perhaps even broadcasting.
If you want to learn more about A/V production in advance, you are welcome to attend the tutorial "How to produce video & audio files for Wiki projects, for instance interviews".
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- This is not a regular "session" but a collaborative project, that can be taking place anytime and anywhere.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- A room or a secured co-working space; technical equipment; volunteers.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Victorgrigas (talk) 22:16, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- User:Nkansahrexford --Nkansahrexford (talk) 12:44, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
- --Bjferstern (talk) 18:54, 15 April 2014 (UTC) from home as Cutter
- Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 22:29, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
- --MB-one (talk) 14:56, 12 July 2014 (UTC) Volunteer camera operator for interviews