Submissions/Using BigData based analytics to improve Wikipedia contributions and content
Jump to navigation Jump to search
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 5050
- Title of the submission
- Using BigData based analytics to improve Wikipedia contributions and content
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Siva Karthikeyan
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Using big data to analyse this level of large content is essential to increase the credibility of the wiki content and its essential to keep the users motivated. Though wikimetrics is contributing for this there is inherent need for lot of research on wiki on different language and implementation and visibility of metrics such as cohort analysis for better presentation and drive usage.
- * Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Will Try
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Jaredzimmerman (WMF) (talk) 06:33, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Add your username here.