Submissions/Two Wikipedians in Residence at the Swiss National Library SNL
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 2043
- Title of the submission
- Two Wikipedians in Residence at the Swiss National Library SNL
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Ruth Büttikofer / Matthias Nepfer
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Swiss National Library
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- SNL collects everything about Switzerland. All works by Swiss authors and all Switzerland’s publishing output. In addition, we collect all the newspapers, journals and magazines printed in Switzerland. We also collect digitally born documents, especially web sites and e-dissertations and digitize pictorial material, books, journals,…
- In 2013 we started a long-term cooperation with Wikimedia Switzerland and – as a first step – hosted in 2014 two Wikipedians in Residence for six months. This talk will explain our strategy behind this initiative and give an over-view of our experiences. We will show activities and results of these first months of cooperation and give an outlook on planned activities. Finally, we will discuss challenges, lessons learned and outcome.
- GLAM Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- The talk could easily be linked with the contribution “WWI photos from Swiss Federal Archives” submitted by the Swiss Federal Archives.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).