Submissions/Next Generation Input methods
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 5033
- Title of the submission
Next Generation Input methods
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Input methods are an important part of a Web/desktop because writing text is one of the most important daily activities of any user. Especially when typing in a language which is not ones native language, typing can be very arduous and error prone. Having a good predictive input method then helps to input text correctly much faster. Even when typing in ones native language it can increase input speed a lot for all users who are not very fast touch typists. It also helps a lot on small keyboards which are not suitable to touch typing. This talk will focus on why such input methods are required and the magic underneath it. We have started the following projects for predictive input methods:
Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Add your username here.