Submissions/Microprocessor and Mcrocontroller Projects by Students of BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 9030
- Title of the submission
- Emergency Safety System from Fire in Industries
- Presentation (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Antar Shinjan
- E-mail address
- Antar Shinjan
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- BUET, Shinjan band
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Fire is a common problem in different industries of Bangladesh, which is occured mostly due to short-circuit in main power line. If we go along the newspapers of previous 5 years, at least 40 incidents will be found, where many people died or have been injured. Most factories do not have emergency systems. Our project includes a GSM module which will send SMS immedietely to the nearest PS, FS, Hospitals and other mandatory places when fire is occured. Besides, we have included emergency lights which will be on when main power is cut off, thus the workers won't have to rush out in darkness. We also have intentions to include automatic fire extinguisher all along the sensitive places. The whole system will be cost effective as the it is microcontroller based system and don't require high voltage machinaries.
Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- Below 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Will Try
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).