Submissions/Living Paths Project:
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 1113
- The Living Paths Project
- Presentation of work done to date
- Robin Owain, Aled Powell and Marc Haynes
- Robin Owain
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia UK
- Personal homepage or blog
- Llwybrau Byw! Living Paths! project has been launched with the main aim of training new editors in Wales. In addition to the usual way of training new editors using existing Wikipedians, this project has also trained ICT Coordinators with no experience of Wikipedia. This has a pyramid effect and is a new and exciting way of teaching Wikipedia. The Project is based on the Wales Coast Path, the 870 miles (1,400 km) walking route between Chepstow and Queensferry, North Wales opened in 2012.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).