Submissions/Language and Dialect Database - A GLAM Project with Austrian Academy of Science
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 2024
- Title of the submission
- Language and Dialect Database - a GLAM Project with the Austrian Academy of Science
- Author of the submission
- Eveline Wandl-Vogt, Heinz Egger
- E-mail address
- Hubertl, Evw
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Austrian Academy of Science, Wikimedia Austria
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
The fourth collaboration with a scientific institution in Austria is currently being prepared . The database of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Database of Bavarian Dialects in Austria @ Electronically mapped has a database of several million words , of which approximately 250,000 will be made available for a joint project. The project envisages that by using an appropriate software not only the existing holdings of the database dialect but also any other language with words and phrases. Even longer texts can be recorded as an audio file . A simple user interface should make it possible that the acquisition of languages are possible, also by people who do not have technical know how. The only technical requirement is a laptop and an internet connection. The focus of coverage refers to the local and thus linguistic affiliation of the speaker.
- GLAM Outreach, Open Data
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 45 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).