Submissions/Free knowledge, free software, free cryptography user
Jump to navigation Jump to search
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 1037
- Title of the submission
- Free knowledge, free software, free cryptography user
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Allan Aguilar
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Costa Rica
- Grupo NVNTIVS
- Personal blog
- Editando Wikimedia
- A presentation about why and how any Wikimedian should use free software and cryptographic tools. Also I will explain why in some countries an editor might go into jail just for publishing in Wikinews or Wikimedia Commons, and will talk about how people in China and other countries must use Tor (one of the strongest cryptographic tools) to circumvent censorship and be able to read and edit Wikimedia projects.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Coming soon
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:41, 28 February 2014 (UTC)
- Slashme (talk) 15:37, 23 March 2014 (UTC)
- Montgomery (talk) 20:45, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
- Dyolf77 (talk) 22:19, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
- Mapep (talk) 20:03, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- OwenBlacker (talk) 16:35, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Add your username here.