After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2014 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this August.
- Submission no. 5014
- Title of the submission
- Decentralizing Wiki
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Presentation (open to another form)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
A lot has been said and written about Bitcoin. It's less known that the underlying principles are applicable beyond financial transactions. Decentralization is the key to resilience and this can also be applied to data storage, microblogging, domain names. Ethereum is the first attempt at creating a Turing complete cryptocurrency.
Wikis are already created in a peer-to-peer way without much hierarchy. Is it possible to take decentralization a step further with blockchain technology?
- Open Data or Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).