Submissions/A technical intro into the Wikidata software
- Submission no. 5003
- Title of the submission
- A technical intro into the Wikidata software
- Type of submission
- presentation, tutorial
- Author of the submission
- Jeroen De Dauw
- E-mail address
- Jeroen De Dauw
- Country of origin
- Personal homepage or blog
Just as Wikimedia Commons collects open-access and public domain media properties, Wikidata does something similar with data. Structured data is entered and maintained collaboratively and autonomously by the community, and published under a free license for all to use: whether they will use it within Wikimedia or beyond. This is probably the most significant big data project underway in the Wikimedia community.
This talk is an intro to the software behind the Wikidata project: Wikibase. You will be introduced to the high level architecture, the core parts of the software and the various ways you can build on top. The contribution guidelines and process are also covered, enabling you to start contributing to the project in an effective manner.
The talk is aimed at technically inclined people who wish to get started with contributing to the software, who wish to deepen their understanding of it, or who want to get an idea of what it is all about.
Kittens will be included.
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Length of session
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- not before noon
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Bene* (talk) 21:32, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- --Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) (talk) 22:13, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Markus Krötzsch (talk) 06:20, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Magnus Manske (talk) 15:19, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Tpt (talk) 16:14, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Addshore (talk) 09:50, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- MichaelMaggs (talk) 14:29, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- NavinoEvans (talk) 19:48, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Sannita (talk) 09:21, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Micru (talk) 19:56, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
- Add your username here.