Pre-Conference: OTRS Meetup
OTRS (also known as the Volunteer Response Team) is the small group of Wikimedians from around the world who independently work to answer email sent to Wikimedia projects in over 30 languages. OTRS agents do not work in a structured environment and rarely is there an opportunity to meet as a group and discuss ideas on how to better train agents, how to better support other agents, share stories of interesting/frustrating/fun/complicated tickets, and have general rapport with each other. Wikimania provides the perfect atmosphere for a meetup of OTRS agents from around the word and around Wikimedia.
Thursday, August 7, 2014: Pre-Conference from 16:00-18:00 (4:00 pm-6:00 pm)
The Barbican Centre, Frobisher 1
We want to begin this session with a look back at this year in OTRS. What has changed? How are the different queues evolving? We also want to provide a summary of new projects and initiatives around the volunteer-response team (technical changes, documentation, more frequent reports, training materials etc.).
The rest of the session will be devoted to providing a space for discussion with topics being up to you! We'd be grateful for any suggestions in advance, either on this page or via email to one of the contacts listed below.
If you're interested to attend the pre-conference, please list your name below.
- Joe Sutherland (talk)
- Alex Monk
- Polimerek (talk) 20:15, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
- --Marinna (talk) 14:41, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
- In principle, I'd love to; in practice, I may be busy with the running of the conference. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 22:16, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
- Ireas (talk) 21:49, 2 August 2014 (UTC)
- Dungodung (talk) 20:21, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
- Sannita 00:25, 6 August 2014 (UTC)
- I JethroBT
- Elfix (talk) 07:18, 6 August 2014 (UTC)
- Seewolf (talk) 08:35, 6 August 2014 (UTC)
- Akoopal (talk) 10:53, 6 August 2014 (UTC)