Democratic Media Roundtable
A 60 minute main stage panel discussion on democratic media.
12:30 Sunday 10th August, Barbican Hall
- Luis Villa, WMF Counsel
- Ryan Merkley, CEO Creative Commons
- Carl Miller, Research Director at Centre for Analysis of Social Media at Demos
- Heather Ford, Breaking news on Wikipedia
- Danny O'Brien, International Director Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Dan Gillmor, Author "We the Media"
- Chris Taggart, Founder of OpenCorporates
- Jimmy Wales
- Moderator: Wendy M. Grossman, freelance journalist
Questions / Topics
What should they discuss?
- How can Wikipedia work better for breaking news?
- How can we encourage people to use Wikipedia as their source for news?
- The front page of Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page, is arguably one of the biggest newspapers in the world. What should its future be?
- How come 7 white middle age men + ? (+1!)
- How come you expect 8 people in 60 minutes to work at all?