My name is Stuart Lawson and I’m a librarian based in London. My main Wikimedia contributions have been on the English Wikipedia, especially articles to do with open access.
Open Access Community Liaison
As a community liaison for Wikimania 2014, I’ll be working to find ways for the Wikimedia community and open access community to work together. This will be done by:
- Identifying the main areas of activity within the open access community and key influencers.
- Researching the relevant Wikimedian initiatives and their key influencers.
- Familiarising each community with the others’ initiatives using the platform of Wikimania 2014 as a hook.
- Encouraging them to collaborate on activities that activate their communities and spread awareness of each others’ initiatives and Wikimania 2014.
- Inviting them to make a submission for a presentation for Wikimania 2014.
- Aiding them in promoting Wikimania 2014 to their followers as the event approaches.
The main page for this theme of the conference is here: Outreach/Open access and there’s a short history of Wikimedia’s engagement with open access here: Wikimedia engagement with open access. There's also a Wikimedia mailing list dedicated to open access: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/openaccess.
I can be contacted on my discussion page here or at firstname.lastname@example.org.