Hackathon 6–7 August

From Wikimania 2014 • London, United Kingdom
Jump to: navigation, search


Wikimania 2014 Hackathon

Wikimania 2014 logo

Quick links:
Help:


Hackers at Wikimania Hackathon 2012

Wikimania Hackathon 2014 will take place in 6–7 August, 2014, beginning as a pre-conference two days before the main Wikimania programme starts.

Everyone is welcome to the Hackathon days—when you come to register, you should choose a 5 day ticket. To help us plan, if you're interested it would help if you added yourself to the list below. It should be noted that we are currently sold out for the hackathon, but we have created a waiting list.

What's a hackathon?[edit | edit source]

Hackathon ("Hacking days")—sometimes called DevCamp—have been held previously at Wikimania 2005 (Frankfurt), 2006 (Boston), 2007 (Taipei), 2009 (Buenos Aires), 2011 (Haifa), 2012 (Washington DC), 2013 (Hong Kong), and various other Hackathons, DevCamps, and developer meetings.

Interested technologists and hackers of all backgrounds are welcome at the Wikimania Hackathon. Prior experience with the MediaWiki software is not required. Translators with a linguistic background who can help improve language support for Wikimedia technology projects are also needed.

24 Hour Access[edit | edit source]

  • Access into the building will be until 23.00. After this time, when the centre is closed, we will not permit anybody into the venue
  • There will be no access to any part of the Barbican Centre, including all outside areas, apart from Level 3 (excluding the Sculpture Court)
  • Delegates are free to leave at any time, they will be escorted off site by a Barbican Host
  • The overnight Hackathon will be contained in the Garden Room only
  • Sleeping is not permitted on site
  • A smoking area will not be available during this time

Recommended items to bring[edit | edit source]

  • Laptop & charger
  • Plug converters if you are not from the UK
  • Phone charger
  • Preferred note-taking tools
  • Reusable water bottle (there are ways to refill these)
  • Video output converters for possible presentations
  • For chargers, converters etc, consider labelling them with your name/email address!

Before coming...[edit | edit source]

It is recommended that prior to Hackathon, you should:

Squirrel[edit | edit source]

Our tame squirrel at the hackathon

Schedule[edit | edit source]

 Please edit the schedule to add more information about your session (time, venue)

If you have an idea for a topic, session, workshop or meeting that should take place at the hackathon, please add it to the #Topics section below. We (you) will start scheduling sessions during the opening session on Wednesday, August 6.

Wednesday, August 6

Entrance to the Hackathon only with a 5 day ticket!

Available rooms for break-out sessions (all rooms have projectors):

  • Frobisher Room 3 (seats 30 in classroom-with-benches setting)
  • Frobisher Room 4 & 5 (100 seats in classroom)
  • Frobisher Room 6 (seats 40 in theater setting)
  • Boardroom (seats 15 at one big table)

The Garden Room / Conservatory also has a projector, but it's in use all the time as general hackathon room.


Time Garden Room Conservatory Conservatory Terrace Frobisher 1 Frobisher 3 Boardroom Frobisher 4&5 Frobisher 6 Time
09:00

On-site registration

09:00
09:15 09:15
09:30 09:30
09:45 09:45
10:00

Hackathon: Opening, introductions, scheduling
Citathon

10:00
10:15 10:15
10:30 10:30
10:45 10:45
11:00 11:00
11:15 11:15
11:30 11:30
11:45 11:45
12:00

Citathon
and more!

Education Pre-Conference
Campus Ambassadors Workshop

12:00
12:15 12:15
12:30 12:30
12:45 12:45
13:00

Lunch

(Hackathon attendees only)

13:00
13:15 13:15
13:30 13:30
13:45 13:45
14:00

Education Pre-Conference
Campus Ambassadors Workshop

Upload Wizard Discussion

MediaWiki Vagrant Install Party

Getting started with Pywikibot (on wikidata)

Mobile Wikidata Discussion

14:00
14:15 14:15
14:30 14:30
14:45 14:45
15:00 15:00
15:15 15:15
15:30

Community Engagement Discussion

Developer Discussion for 3rd Party MediaWiki Use

REST Content API, Parsoid

Wiki Research Hackathon demos

MediaWiki Vagrant Bootcamp

15:30
15:45 15:45
16:00 16:00
16:15 16:15
16:30 16:30
16:45 16:45
17:00

API Roadmap

My First Tool

Wiki Research Hackathon demos

17:00
17:15 17:15
17:30 17:30
17:45 17:45
18:00 18:00
18:15 18:15
18:30

Dinner

18:30
18:45 18:45
19:00 19:00
19:15 19:15
19:30

Hacking

(room closed)

(room closed)

(room closed)

(room closed)

(room closed)

19:30
19:45 19:45
20:00 20:00
20:15 20:15
20:30 20:30
20:45 20:45
21:00 21:00
21:15 21:15
21:30 21:30
21:45 21:45
22:00 22:00
22:15 22:15
22:30 22:30
22:45 22:45
23:00 23:00
23:15 23:15
23:30 23:30
23:45 23:45

Thursday, August 7

Entrance to the Hackathon is only permitted for those with a five day ticket!

Entrance to the opening ceremony is only permitted for those with an opening ceremony ticket! However, please arrive in good time register. Registration is open throughout the day.

Time Garden Room Conservatory Conservatory Terrace Fountain Room Frobisher 3 Boardroom Frobisher 4&5 Frobisher 6 Time
09:00

On-site registration

09:00
09:15 09:15
09:30 09:30
09:45 09:45
10:00

Education Pre-Conference
Educator Training

Structured Data Discussion 10:00
10:15 10:15
10:30 10:30
10:45 10:45
11:00 11:00
11:15 11:15
11:30

Design Research Participation (starting at 1200)

Mobile Apps: Going Native presentation & workshop 11:30
11:45 11:45
12:00 12:00
12:15 12:15
12:30 12:30
12:45 12:45
13:00

Lunch

(Hackathon attendees only)

Lunchtime meeting: Wikimedia Global Circle Meetup

13:00
13:15 13:15
13:30 13:30
13:45 13:45
14:00 Core search sprint

Education Pre-Conference
Educator Training

Media Viewer Discussion

European Hackathon Discussion for Past/Future Organizers

Mass upload training

14:00
14:15 14:15
14:30 14:30
14:45 14:45
15:00 15:00
15:15 15:15
15:30

RFC Process Discussion

15:30
15:45 15:45
16:00 16:00
16:15 16:15
16:30 16:30
16:45 16:45
17:00

Hackathon: Reflection and closure

17:00
17:15 17:15
17:30 17:30
17:45 17:45
Lower Foyer (-1)
18:00

Welcome Reception

(food & drink provided)

Lambeth Trio
Selection of popular repertoire.

18:00
18:15 18:15
18:30 18:30
18:45 18:45
Garden Room Conservatory Conservatory Terrace Barbican Hall
19:00

Hacking

Hacking

Hacking

Greetings from Edward Saperia, Wikimania Conference Director

19:00
19:15

Greetings from Jon Davies, Chief Executive Wikimedia UK

19:15
19:30

Greetings from Jimmy Wales, Founder of Wikipedia

19:30
19:45

Greetings from Lila Tretikov, Executive Director of The Wikimedia Foundation

19:45
20:00

Keynote: Salil Shetty, Secretary General of Amnesty International

20:00
20:15 20:15
20:30

A concert of traditional British music

20:30
20:45 20:45
21:00 21:00
21:15 21:15
21:30 21:30
21:45 21:45
22:00

Free

22:00
22:15 22:15
22:30 22:30
22:45 22:45
23:00 23:00
23:15 23:15
23:30 23:30
23:45 23:45

Open developer discussions[edit | edit source]

The discussion area of the Hackathon space will be available for open discussions at points during the pre-conference Hackathon and throughout Wikimania.

Please utilize this space to advertise any discussions you would like to facilitate and to reserve the space. A schedule will be created closer to Wikimania based on initial submissions. You do not need to follow a specific scheduling format (in other words—you may start at anytime you would like). However, please do not reserve more than 60 minutes to allow others to utilize the space as well. You may keep the space longer if no one else has reserved or shows up to utilize the space. Reserving the space is not required, but preference will be given to discussions that reserved the space.

Example discussion
Wednesday, August 6th
05:00–06:00
Discussion on the formation of the example early-bird developer society
Talk page WikiProject discussion.
Open to date and time, during Hackathon or later
Presentation of some facts about WikiProject templates and the resulting class and importance statistics, and how the results can be improved. Sign up below if you are interested, and then a meetup time and place can be picked.Dthomsen8 (talk) 17:06, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
  1. Dthomsen8 (talk) 17:06, 4 August 2014 (UTC)

Topics[edit | edit source]

Please add sessions you are interested in leading or discussions you are interested in having. If you are interested in participating in a sprint, meeting or workshop that is already listed please add your user name below the proposal so that we know which topics are generating the most interest.

pywikibot[edit | edit source]

For more information see Hackathon/Pywikibot

Citathon[edit | edit source]

A citation hackathon, for all things reference and citation related. For planning, see Hackathon/Citathon. We're currently in the Garden Room (Level 3) of the Barbican.

Interested:


Europeana Task Force meeting[edit | edit source]

A Europeana Task Force has been set up to reinforce the links between the Europeana network of galleries, libraries, archives and museums and the Wikimedia projects. This task force will meet on thursday Aug. 7th at 16.00 at Frobisher 3. Attendance is by invite only. Hosted by 85jesse.

Sprints[edit | edit source]

Regular contributors plus some newcomers hack together with a shared goal.

i18n/L10n[edit | edit source]

Hack on and discuss open bugs on the Translate extension and other i18n/L10n related extensions (Babel, CLDR, ContentTranslation, TranslationNotifications, ...). Would love to be able to have a dedicated table/room for this for the length of the hackathon. I don't think it'll be hard to staff this thing for the full length.

Interested:

WikiAtlas[edit | edit source]

Automate the creation of SVG base maps in a well researched cartographic style using the latest and most accurate open geographic data.

Participants

Interested

GWToolset[edit | edit source]

If you have an interest in helping develop a MediaWiki extension that enables GLAMs to get their digital content online on Commons, or an interest in developing a MediaWiki extension, stop by and see what we’re doing and how you might get involved as we work on improving the GWToolset extension and resolving current bugs. We will plan a schedule for the sprint at the hackathon at the opening in the Garden room on the 6th.

If you are interested in how to use GWToolset in order to upload a batch contribution to Commons, please consider attending the Using GWToolset workshop scheduled for Sunday, August 10th from 12:30-13:00 and review the end user documentation available on the MediaWiki site. You can also chat with Dan-nl during the conference or possibly with one of the current GWToolset users.

interested:

Wikidata Reference Bot[edit | edit source]

A bot to add reference data to Wikidata: https://github.com/mitar/csl2wikidata This is part of the citathon, which is currently in the Garden Room (Level 3) of the Barbican Centre.

Interested:

Open Access Signalling[edit | edit source]

Open access signalling project.

Interested:

Citoid[edit | edit source]

Improvements to citoid service and extension, or making other tools to make use of the citoid service. Garden room (Part of Citathon)

Interested:

  • Mvolz (talk) 18:55, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
  • John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 19:43, 4 August 2014 (UTC) Not entirely sure I will be able to attend, but I will do my best. I'm very interested in and happy about your work (that I found out about today)!


Wikidata Games[edit | edit source]

Let's push forward and create more awesome games around Wikidata.

Participants

Core search[edit | edit source]

Provisionally scheduled for 14:00 Thursday in the garden; say something if that doesn't work

Hack on and discuss open bugs on the the core search functionality in MediaWiki--both things affecting the SQL backends as well as Special:Search or the API itself.

Notes:

Participants:

Workshops[edit | edit source]

Experts meet novices to share knowledge in hands-on tasks.

Mobile[edit | edit source]

Come by to to talk about how to get your extension ready for mobile users

Interested:

  • Tomasz Finc

Mobile Apps: Going Native[edit | edit source]

Provisionally scheduled for 11:30 Thursday in Frobisher Room 3

Introduction to Wikipedia's new Android and iOS native mobile apps, how they connect with MediaWiki and MobileFrontend, and discussion of future development plans.

Interested:

My First Tool[edit | edit source]

Introduction to writing external tools to interface with the Wikimedia projects (with a specific focus on the basics of joining and using the Wikimedia Tool Labs.

Interested:

Wiki research hackathon[edit | edit source]

London local meetup of a global research hackathon. I'll have presenters and mini-tutorials organized for accessing data and processing it. The goal will be to introduce newcomers to resources for research and to kick off a set of new projects. See the Wiki Research Hackathon page for more details. Demos!

Interested:and min

Translathon[edit | edit source]

Where developers meet translators. Welcome, Wikipedia App, MediaWiki, Thank You Letter, VisualEditor and more! We can help any "translation needed" work. You should be able to visit the i18n/L10n table/room during the hackathon to get more information and find someone to get you going (see above for request).

Please be advised there is also a translation sprint in the Wikimania programme on Sunday morning.

We have not reserved any specific room or slot. Just come "garden room" on the 3rd floor, find the "translathon" table.

Interested:

Servicing MediaWiki: The new REST content & storage APIs, and services like Parsoid powering it[edit | edit source]

A deep-dive into the upcoming REST content API & the distributed back-end services powering it. We'll present the design and implementation work done so far, and how you can use it already in your projects. Looking forward, we'll discuss issues, use cases & possible solutions. We'll also discuss how this will integrate with Parsoid to provide a convenient and fast content API, and will demo several applications that already take advantage of the simple Parsoid API available so far.

Interested:

MediaWiki-Vagrant Install Party[edit | edit source]

Introduction to using MediaWiki-Vagrant to manage a development environment for hacking on MediaWiki. We'll do a really quick high level look at what Vagrant is and how MediaWiki-Vagrant uses and extends it. Then we'll get hands on by installing MediaWiki-Vagrant on everyone's laptops.

Suggested time: Wednesday and Thursday mornings

Interested:

MediaWiki-Vagrant Bootcamp[edit | edit source]

Introduction to extending MediaWiki-Vagrant to provision new extensions and wiki configuration. We'll do a really quick high level look at what Vagrant is and how MediaWiki-Vagrant uses and extends it. Then we'll learn just enough Puppet to understand what "roles" are and how to use them to configure your MediaWiki-Vagrant instance. Participants will then get hands on by creating roles to install and configure extensions used on Commons that are not yet available in MediaWiki-Vagrant.

Suggested time: Any times not in conflict with MediaWiki-Vagrant Install Party

Interested:

Volunteering with ops[edit | edit source]

A short and straightforward talk/workshop on joining the operations volunteering community. Most of the devs help out mediawiki, but mediawiki needs hardware and software to run on, ops to the rescue! It would be good if you know puppet, and even better if you have ops background. Suggested time: Any time that doesn't clash with my FDC duties.

Start hacking Wikidata via its API[edit | edit source]

A very basic introduction on how editing via the MediaWiki API works in general, focused on editing Wikidata. We will dig into Wikibase's (JSON) data model and fiddle with it's bits. Target audience: People who know how to code (examples will be in PHP) but never used the API. Having a PHP environment or tool labs account ready is recommended.

Interested:

Meetings[edit | edit source]

Complex questions are discussed in depth until reaching a decision.

Reference Management Discussion[edit | edit source]

Discussion on how to manage references. This event is part of Hackathon/Citathon. Meet in the Garden room at the Citathon table on Sunday.

Interested:

  • Mvolz (talk) 19:20, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
  • Especially Linkrot and other tools.--Dthomsen8 (talk) 12:14, 30 July 2014 (UTC)
  • ....

Upload Wizard Roundtable[edit | edit source]

The WMF multimedia team will host a roundtable discussion about upgrading the Upload Wizard, to make it easier to contribute media files on Wikimedia Commons and related sites. This is our main user-facing project this year: we plan to fix a lot of bugs, refactor the code and implement new features to improve our upload pipeline. We are looking for community guidance on which bugs to focus on right away -- and would appreciate feedback on long-term goals for feature development (see first design mockups). Hope to see you then! (see also our other multimedia sessions). (Slides | Etherpad)

Time: Wed. Aug. 6 @ 14:00 GMT+1 (90 min., Frobisher 3)

Interested:

Developer Discussion[edit | edit source]

People often want to run MediaWiki for their own site.  These wikis vary in size and scope from a personal wiki to a tool for corporate knowledge management.

Developers often focus their efforts on these non-WMF wikis, but because the WMF has a number of developers on staff to maintain MediaWiki for Wikipedia and its sister sites, these "third party" developers have to coordinate their work with WMF's staff developers.

This session will serve as a discussion between a panel of WMF developers and any questions that third party developers may have.  We hope to continue hosting this sort of dialog between developers to increase communication and transparency for all.

Time: Wed. Aug. 6 @ 16:00 GMT (90 min., place TBD)

Etherpad: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wm2014-3rdparty

Interested:

Structured Data Roundtable[edit | edit source]

  • Relocated to Frobisher 5 — 09:11, 7 August 2014 (UTC)

The Multimedia and Wikidata teams will host a roundtable discussion on our new Structured Data project, to implement machine-readable data for storing information about images and media files on Wikimedia Commons. We plan to develop this project together in fall 2014 and winter 2015, and it is likely to have a major impact on all aspects of multimedia usage, from viewing to uploads, editing, curation and using files on articles. We welcome the participation of all users familiar with using multimedia on Commons and other Wikimedia sites. Hope to see you then! (see also our other multimedia sessions) (Slides | Etherpad)

Time: Thu. Aug. 7 @ 10:00 GMT+1 (90 min., Frobisher 3)

Interested:

Media Viewer Roundtable[edit | edit source]

The WMF multimedia team will host a roundtable discussion on the Media Viewer project, which was recently released. We are looking for community feedback on improving the viewing experience for readers and editors with this tool. We would also like to discuss which issues still need to be addressed in the short-term -- as well as new features under consideration for future releases. Hope to see you then! (see also our other multimedia sessions) (Slides | Notepad)

Time: Thu. Aug. 7 @ 14:00 GMT+1 (90 min., Frobisher 3)

Interested:

Wikimaps[edit | edit source]

Wikimaps project presentation in a nutshell. The meeting is about discussing features that are being developed, and those that should be. It's for asking questions and organising sprints for the hackathon days. We are preparing the first draft for a plan for 2015. Have a look also at the design document and the development plans for this year.

Interested:

API Roadmap[edit | edit source]

Brad Jorsch (anomie) would like to discuss mw:Requests for comment/API roadmap with anyone interested, with a particular focus on whether any of the suggested changes need revision or if any other changes should be included. We should especially discuss these big items:

  • Deprecation process: what should the "suitable timeframe" be?
  • Remove obsolete output formats: removing txt, yaml, and a few others
  • JSON output as default
  • Changes to JSON output format, e.g., UTF-8 default, true instead of empty string for boolean
  • Removing links in pretty-printed HTML formats
  • Removing "possible errors" & "props" from action=paraminfo
  • HTMLizing & localizing action=help (please speak up if you're using action=help from a client)
  • A complete and utter overhaul of token handling
  • Removing long-deprecated parameters, e.g., "title", "watch", & others
  • Deprecating prop=imageinfo, rewriting from scratch as prop=fileinfo

Interested:

Newbie[edit | edit source]

Topics to help introduce people to Mediawiki software and the development community

I'm willing to help people set up MediaWiki and/or VE and required software as needed. --Krenair (talk) 23:31, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
I and other Parsoid team members will be around to help with Parsoid installs. Ssastry (talk) 15:08, 14 July 2014 (UTC)
i’m available for anyone who’d like to know more about the process of developing an extension for a foundation wiki such as commons Dan-nl (talk) 10:59, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
Can anyone help with puppetizing labs projects? Mvolz (talk) 16:47, 4 August 2014 (UTC)

intersted

Design Research Participation[edit | edit source]

Today (Thursday, August 7, we will be in the Conservatory)

Invite anyone to participate in qualitative design research to inform and iterate Wikipedia design concepts.

Goal is to gather feedback and observations from community members new and old, on Wikipedia design concepts, and to share design research methodologies and practices with anyone interested. We will have a few of our test devices set up ready to have people try out some concepts including: Visual Editor, Task Suggestions, Flow, Winter, Wikipedia moble web and mobile apps. You can also participate using your own device. If you want to participate in research in the future, go here to opt in: wikimedia.org/research

Interested:

Unclear[edit | edit source]

Proposals that seem to need clarification. Feel free moving them in any of the categories above.

Conduct[edit | edit source]

All participants of Hackathon are expected to respect and abide by the Wikimania Friendly Space Policy. Individuals not cooperating with this policy may be asked to leave the event.

Participants[edit | edit source]

Coordinators[edit | edit source]

  • rfarrand <rfarrand@wikimedia.org>
  • Qgil <qgil@wikimedia.org>

Volunteers[edit | edit source]

Add your username below if you are volunteering to help others at Hackathon.

Interested[edit | edit source]

Hackers at Wikimania Hackathon 2011
Note: Signing up here does not register you for Wikimania, but helps us to plan the Hackathon. Conference registration is separate.
  1. Atultherajput (talk) Unfortunately never attended any previous hackthon of Wikimedia. But looking forward for Hackathon 2014. My email is atul.krishan1994@gmail.com
  2. Shoodho (talk) I have never been to any of the Wikimania Hackathons but am willing to come on board to share a few thoughts on developing or improving what already exists. I would be happy to join Hackathon 2014, Email is ckhohliwe@gmail.com
  3. Varnent (talk) 03:46, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
  4. Oarabile Mudongo (talk) 07:52, 15 January 2014 (UTC) Participated in Wikimania 2012 and 2013 Hackathons, would really like to participate also at wikimania 2014 hackthon.
  5. Would be interested in helping Hackathon 2014. User:Sou Boyy (Sourendra Kumar Das). Email: sourendra.das@gmail.com.
  6. Will be contributing at Hackathon 2014, was at Hackathon 2012 in Washington, DC.--Dthomsen8 (talk) 15:05, 24 November 2013 (UTC)
  7. Geraldshields11; I am interested in doing lay end user testing of anything created during the hack-a-thon. Geraldshields11 (talk) 16:34, 19 December 2013 (UTC)
  8. Flixtey (talk) I have never been to any of the Wikimania Hackathons but am willing to come on board to share a few thoughts on developing or improving what already exists. Looking forward to be of help to Hackathon 2014, Email is flixtey@gmail.com
  9. Enock4Seth; Will be my first time Hackathon. Email: kwadzo459@gmail.com. Enock4seth (talk) 22:51, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
  10. Plan to work on bots and tools for WikiProject Open Access. --Daniel Mietchen (talk) 10:44, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
  11. אבנר (talk) 19:46, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
  12. --ralgis·/t/ 02:20, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
  13. Rahmanuddin (talk) 15:01, 24 January 2014 (UTC)
  14. Husky (talk) 11:06, 28 January 2014 (UTC)
  15. TheDJ (talk) 14:35, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
  16. Slevinski (talk) - Interested in presenting a session about hacking sign language on Incubator and working towards moving the ASL Wikipedia into production. 15:33, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
  17. Daniel Mietchen (talk) 03:02, 6 February 2014 (UTC) interested in hacks at the interface of Wikimedia and scientific research, especially around open access and open science
  18. Outule Obotseng (talk) 08:28, 12 February 2014 (UTC) I have never been to any Wikimania but I have attended the Wikipedia translation sprint events that where held in Botswana,one of them was held in Botho University in November 2013.So i would love to attend the wikimenia 2014 to share my ideas with others and to increase my knowledge about wikipedia in order for me to create awareness and recruit more volunteers in my country and the continent at large.
  19. Mr. Stradivarius - I'm interested in learning the basics of how to contribute to the MediaWiki codebase, and I can also assist those wanting to learn how to write Lua modules.
  20. UltrasonicNXT (talk)
  21. Rehman (talk) - Wikidata! Rehman 14:58, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
  22. —it would be cool to look at extending the GLAMwiki toolset or creating content-improving interactive games like Faebot's FacebookFunfair—15:57, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
  23. Omshivaprakash H L I'm very much interested to work around Wikidata & Mobile apps for Indic Language wiki's Omshivaprakash (talk) 10:52, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
  24. CT Cooper · talk 17:39, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
  25. Vagrant, APIv2, Parsoid -- sounds interesting. Rillke (talk) 13:34, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
  26. i18n/L10n. Siebrand (talk) 21:21, 23 March 2014 (UTC)
  27. Vagrant, Labs, Refactoring core BDavis (WMF) (talk) 22:03, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
  28. -- とある白い猫 chi? 05:34, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
  29. Andre Engels (talk) 11:09, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
  30. Mvolz (talk) 10:35, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
  31. cscott - I'm interested in leading a hackathon focused on literacy-learning applications. One proposal is a offline reader for Simple Wikipedia that provides text-to-speech functionality and highlights each word as it is read, along with visual navigation/exploration tools.
  32. --Ironholds (talk) 13:08, 31 March 2014 (UTC) - looking forward to making some PageCuration tweaks and improvements, and hacking on API access for external researchers.
  33. MaxSem (talk) 17:17, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
  34. Jarry1250 (talk) 10:08, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
  35. Zazpot (talk) 13:20, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
  36. se4598 (talk) 12:03, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
  37. JoeMcArthur (talk) 22:30, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
  38. Natkabrown (talk) 11:47, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
  39. NavinoEvans (talk) 20:06, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
  40. Susannaanas (talk) 15:52, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
  41. Aguha93 (talk)
  42. Inchikutty (talk)
  43. nasir khan saikat 08:50, 7 May 2014 (UTC)
  44. Dyolf77 (talk) 19:16, 9 May 2014 (UTC)
  45. Dan Garry, Wikimedia Foundation (talk) 01:04, 10 May 2014 (UTC)
  46. Multichill (talk) 20:43, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
  47. Manojk (talk) 19:28, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
  48. --Another Believer (talk) 02:56, 19 May 2014 (UTC)
  49. Masssly; Email: masssly@ymail.com Masssly (talk) 01:03, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
  50. Tar Lócesilion (talk) 15:15, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
  51. SVG (talk) 07:15, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
  52. MPelletier (WMF) (talk) 19:48, 3 June 2014 (UTC)
  53. Lawsonstu (talk) 09:54, 9 June 2014 (UTC)
  54. EpochFail (talk) 19:55, 10 June 2014 (UTC) I'll be hacking on some (e.g. WikiCredit and the Persistence Project). I'll also be interested in talking wiki-research and datasets for research.
  55. Pietromarialiuzzo (talk) 19:53, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
  56. Eranroz (talk) 18:45, 13 June 2014 (UTC)
  57. Carriearchdale ciao!!! Carriearchdale (talk) 11:12, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
  58. Shujenchang (talk) 11:19, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
  59. Addshore (talk) 11:07, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
  60. I'm very interested in spell checking, basically for the Arabic langauge, but my scripts use pywikipedia. If you have expereince in spell checking and/or natual lanauge processing, let's do something cool. I also translate from English to Arabic. Ah, and one more thing, data analysis, especially what's rated to page views and edits, is something I'm interested in working on. (email me)--OsamaK (talk) 11:43, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
  61. Wittylama (talk) - Particularly about the GLAMwiki toolset.
  62. Aude (talk) 19:14, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
  63. Micru (talk) 18:50, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
  64. GreenReaper (talk) 20:29, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
  65. Pingumeister (talk) 16:55, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
  66. User:EdliraDushku
  67. Bawolff - interested in things. All sorts of things. "Gamification" ideas that people have been throwing about recently sounds like an interesting thing to look at.
  68. Slowking4 (talk) 00:38, 10 July 2014 (UTC) GLAMwiki Toolset Project
  69. Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 22:59, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
  70. Ssastry (talk) 15:08, 14 July 2014 (UTC)
  71. Magnus Manske (talk) Tools, Wikidata, GLAM/WLM, Gamification. Lots more.
  72. Marcoil (WMF) (talk) 15:53, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
  73. Bachounda (talk) 16:08, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
  74. Fabior1984 (talk) 14:18, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
  75. --Aschroet (talk) 09:34, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
  76. Marinna (talk) 14:14, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
  77. لا روسا (talk) 09:21, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
  78. Birgit Müller (WMDE) (talk) 16:45, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
  79. Legoktm (talk)
  80. Jitrixis (talk)
  81. Shamma (talk)
  82. Moretti (talk) This will be my first hackaton. Looking forward to it.
  83. MaxSem (talk) 23:50, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
  84. GorillaWarfare (talk) 00:13, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
  85.  Thehelpfulone 01:25, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
  86. Nataev (talk) 04:36, 22 July 2014 (UTC) I have never been to any of the Wikimania Hackathons. But I very much look forward to attending my first Hackathon.
  87. Putnik (talk) 05:40, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
  88. Mattsenate (talk) 10:09, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
  89. OR drohowa (talk) 12:43, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
  90. Omar sansi (talk) 15:32, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
  91. Dthomsen8 (talk) 12:36, 30 July 2014 (UTC) Attended WikiMania 2012 and looking forward to this one.
  92. Sdivad (talk) 16:46, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
  93. Bene* (talk) 16:55, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
  94. Fako - Experienced with MediaWiki API and looking forward to learn more about Wiki in general and Wikidata especially
  95. Edward (talk) 15:44, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
  96. Sshhiivv (talk) 15:45, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
  97. Tpt (talk) 18:40, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
  98. Ainali (talk) 19:34, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
  99. Kolossos (talk) 19:42, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
  100. ~ Seb35 [^_^] 14:04, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
  101. Marcelino Luna (marce34@gmail.com). Would like to know what all this is about, I think I'm gonna enjoy it. Coming from Spain
  102. Hoo man (talk) 19:19, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
  103. Vignesh (talk) 19:40, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
  104. Henry (talk) 19:43, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
  105. Matma Rex (talk) 23:36, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
  106. Maxscience
  107. Am there already. Deryck Chan (talk) 09:10, 7 August 2014 (UTC)

See also[edit | edit source]